Bart Horsten and Ed Sander (ChinaTalk) were keynote speakers in a podcast (in Dutch) of Team Retail, talking about JD.com's new retail concept Ochama, a new omnichannel supermarket concept, which was launched in the Netherlands in 4 locations at the beginning of 2022.
JD.com, the driving force behind this concept, is a Chinese retailer and the third largest retailer in the world.
The following items were also focused on during the podcast:
- why JD.com is starting to experiment in the western market and what can be expect in the future?
- what is the difference between the Chinese and European consumer?
- trends in new retail and e-commerce in China.
- the power and impact of the Chinese market and companies.
- how to enter the Chinese market as a European company?
Click on one of the links to listen the podcast:
- Spotify https://spoti.fi/3N9FZTU
- Apple Podcasts https://apple.co/3GCZ6mV
- YouTube https://bit.ly/3GKGuS7
Professionally moderated by Tim Gielen, we could share our insights into this new concept and also tell about our own webshop on Alibaba's Tmall Global.